I’m a Christian speaker on marriage. Go here for my press kit. Although being a marriage conference speaker is my focus, I also enjoy speaking on the topics of my books: finances, trials, family, and types and shadows.
Table of Contents
- Christian Speaker Trailer
- 2023 Speaking Schedule
- Your Marriage God’s Way Conferences
- Enduring Trials God’s Way Conference Message
- Christian Speaker FAQ
- Christian Speaker Endorsements
Christian Speaker Trailer
Here’s my speaker promo video…
2023 Speaking Schedule
Here is my 2023 speaking schedule as of November 8, 2022. I will update it as more events are added:
- February 10-11, 2023 Your Marriage God’s Way Conference at Northwest Bible Church OKC in Oklahoma, OK
- February 12, 2023 guest preacher at Northwest Bible Church OKC in Oklahoma, OK
- February 25, 2023 Your Marriage God’s Way Conference at Grace Fellowship of South Forsyth in Cumming, GA
- February 26, 2023 guest preacher at Grace Fellowship of South Forsyth in Cumming, GA
- March 31-April 2, 2023 men’s retreat at Cannon Beach conference Center in Cannon Beach, OR
- April 27-29, 2023 Christian Heritage Home Educators of WA conference in Kent, WA
- July 10-15 or 17-22, 2023 Family Camp at Christian Renewal Center in Silverton, OR
- September 15-17, 2023 Spring Mountain Bible Church at Eagle Fern Camp in Estacada, OR
Your Marriage God’s Way Conferences
Messages for Your Marriage God’s Way Conferences
- Consequences of The Fall for Husbands and Wives
- Husbands Love Your Wives
- Wives Submit to Your Husband
- How a Man Should Treat His Wife
- Wives Respect Your Husband
- (Optional) A Biblical View of Intimacy
This is the first message I typically deliver at Your Marriage God’s Way Conferences…
Message Lessons and Discussion Questions
Here are the accompanying lessons and discussion questions for the first message from the handout that’s given to attendees…
- Lesson 1: As we begin, make the decision to:
- (Part I) Focus on ________ ____________________ more than your spouse’s.
- (Part II) Turn your frustrations ________ ____________.
- (Part III) Recognize your marriage is a reflection of your ________________________ with ____________.
- Lesson 2: God created headship before ______ ________ (Genesis 2:16-17).
- Lesson 3: Wives are tempted to:
- (Part I) ______________ their husbands (Genesis 3:16 cf. 4:7).
- (Part II) ______ their husbands (Proverbs 19:13b, 21:9, 19, 25:24, 27:15–16).
- Lesson 4: Husbands are tempted to:
- (Part I) Be ________________ (Genesis 3:16).
- (Part II) ________________ their wives (Colossians 3:19; Genesis 3:16).
- (Part III) Be ______________ (Genesis 3:17).
- Lesson 5: Reverse the effects of The Fall by ______________ God’s ________________ for marriage.
- Husband asks wife:
- Do you feel like I am stubborn?
- Do you feel like I am harsh or authoritarian with you?
- Do you feel like I am passive?
- Wife asks husband:
- Do you feel like I try to control you?
- Do you feel like I nag you?
- Do you feel like I stir you up for good…or evil?
Marriage Conference Trailer
A church created this trailer for one of my marriage conferences that they hosted. Then they advertised it on social media to increase attendance and have the conference serve as an outreach to unbelievers and the unchurched…
Enduring Trials God’s Way Conference Message
Messages for Enduring Trials God’s Way Conferences
- Preparing for Trials
- Understanding Trials Versus Discipline
- Proving Our Faith
- God’s Plan for Maturity
- Becoming Better or Bitter
This is the first message I typically deliver at Enduring Trials God’s Way Conferences…
Message Lessons and Discussion Questions
Here are the accompanying lessons and discussion questions for the first message from the Handout that’s given to attendees…
- Lesson 1: ____________ ____________ (Jam 1:2a; Acts 14:22; 1 Thes 3:3; 1 Pet 4:12-19; John 16:33).
- Lesson 2: Trials are __________________________, but not accidents (Jam 1:2b; Rom 8:28; 1 Pet 1:6).
- Lesson 3: A strong ____________________ is needed (Matt 7:24-27).
- Lesson 4: Build during __________ of __________ (2 Chr 14:2-12).
- Lesson 5: During the __________ ____________ “the Lord is [still] very compassionate and merciful” (Jam 5:11a).
- Lesson 6: There’s an “______ ________________ by the Lord” in trials (Jam 5:11b).
- Why should it be encouraging to remember God is in control while you are in the middle of a trial?
- Have you been “building your walls” during times of peace? If yes, how? If not, how will you build in the future?
- What daily trials do you experience that you need to be aware of, because of their potential to wear you down?
- During trials, what characteristics of God can you focus on to help you better endure trials? Write down a verse (or two) to memorize that reveals this characteristic.
- Unbelievers and some genuine believers ask, “Why would a loving God ____?” How would you answer this question, considering 1 Peter 3:15 says we must “always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks [for] a reason for the hope that is in” us?
- When has God used a trial in your life to bring forth good? In other words, when have you been able to look back on a trial and see the end intended by the Lord?
Christian Speaker FAQ
You can expect professionally prepared and delivered messages, and prompt responses to any communication, before and after the event.
Attendees receive a handout with lessons and discussion questions from the messages. If you’d like an example, here is the Your Marriage God’s Way Conference Handout and Enduring Trials God’s Way Conference Handout. Scroll down to see a sample page from each handout.
I will advertise your event on my social media and send the info to my newsletter subscribers. You can also offer copies of my books as gifts to increase registrations. I recommend creating a Facebook event page, which I can attach to the events on my Facebook author page. With Facebook ads (which I can help you with, or run if you reimburse me) you can easily reach thousands of people in the surrounding area. As an example, here’s the banner a church used on their Facebook event page for a Your Marriage God’s Way Conference:
You can also look below at the trailer a church made for one of my conferences they hosted. I’m happy to do the same for you.
I charge $200 for conference messages, and typically there are five messages per conference. I charge $300 for guest preaching and teaching, such as sermons and Sunday School messages.
Yes, and I recommend this for three reasons. First, it gets the Gospel to more people. Second, my conferences are attractive to the unchurched. Unbelievers won’t attend missions conferences or prayer meetings, but they want strong marriages and help with finances.
Typically, there are five messages spread over Friday evening and Saturday (two on Friday and three on Saturday, or one on Friday and four on Saturday). Here’s a sample schedule:
—7:00PM—Introduction and Message 1
—8:30PM—Snacks and refreshments
—10:00AM—Break and discussion time/table talk
—2:00PM—Break and discussion time/table talk
—3:30PM—Questions and answers
There is flexibility. Marriage conferences can include a sixth message on intimacy and/or a Q&A at the end. Often the church’s pastor and his wife join Katie and me for the Q&A. There can also be less messages to keep the conference to one day.
Typically, I’m glad to get more mileage out of my trip and preach on the Sunday after conferences.
My marriage conferences are not interactive so I can get through all the material. I recommend having a stack of 3×5 cards for attendees to write down questions for the Q&A. If I’m invited to speak on Sunday my sermons typically are not interactive, but Sunday School and evening service messages can be interactive.
Yes, I’ve been part of many online interviews and summits. Typically, I don’t charge for these, but I request a link to my site and the opportunity for people to download my free gift.
Christian Speaker Endorsements
I so much appreciate the teaching of Christian speaker, Scott LaPierre. Saturated with sound doctrine, laced with stories and sprinkled with humor, listening to Scott is a real treat for anyone who enjoys practical, biblical teaching. He communicates in a way that captures and holds your attention while shoveling powerful spiritual truths in your direction. Get the funnel out and put it to your ears.
Eric BurdSenior Pastor and President of Household of Faith Fellowship of Churches
Scott is a Christian speaker on marriage with a needed message for couples today that is straight from God’s Word. Tim and I grew in some key areas after attending one of Scott’s Marriage Conferences and we have been married for 29 years and have participated in 32 marriage weekends. Good stuff!
Tim and Julie HansenDirectors of Christian Renewal Center
Scott is personally reaping the blessings of tenaciously studying God’s Word and then applying it first to himself, his marriage, and his family. He insightfully and engagingly shares God’s Word and its essential practical application with others through both his speaking and writing. You will be greatly blessed and helped in your own life by what Scott has to share.
Michael and Susan BradrickFounders and directors of Family Discipleship Ministries and co-founders and board members of Christian Heritage
As a licensed Christian marriage counselor, I am constantly looking for sound, biblical resources to recommend to my clients who are struggling in their marriages. The Your Marriage God’s Way Conference is by far the best and most heart-changing marriage conference ever! Scott LaPierre teaches in a way that captivates and connects with both husbands and wives. His messages stir hearers while fostering hope and healing, and the principles taught have immediate practical application. I highly recommend Scott as a Christian speaker on marriage.
Arlene MaloneLPC, NCC–Board Certified, Founder of Marriage Center, Chesapeake, VA
Scott is a very gifted pastor and Christian speaker on marriage. His Christ-centered messages inspire one to faith, hope, and love; stirring up desire to be a doer of the Word, not just a hearer only.
John ThomasSenior Pastor of Mayger Downing Community Church
Contact me if interested in having me for a speaking engagement!