Tracy Calahan interviewed me for her online conference, “Pain, Purpose, and Plan: Repurposing your pain to forge a remarkable future.” As a pastor I am not shielded from pain, trials, and tribulations. I discussed some of the suffering I’ve experienced recently, as well as the blessings and goodness God has shown me and others through it.
If you’d like to interview me for an online event, or have me as a guest on your podcast, please let me know.
Video of Pain, Purpose, and Plan Interview
- Receive a FREE copy of Pastor Scott LaPierre’s book, Seven Biblical Insights for Healthy, Joyful, Christ-Centered Marriages.
- View all Pastor Scott’s books on his Amazon author page.
- Visit Scott LaPierre’s speaking page for conference and speaking information, including testimonies, endorsements, and contact info.
This post is taken from Enduring Trials God’s Way: A Biblical Recipe for Finding Joy in Suffering. Get your copy today!
The Interview covered many topics including:
- The recent passing of my father, John LaPierre.
- How I became a Christian in my early twenties following the death of my brother, Jason, from a drug overdose.
- Some of the blessings experienced following these difficult trials in accordance with Romans 8:28: “We know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.”
- How trials are opportunities for us to reveal our relationships with Christ. Everyone can praise God when things are going well, but it takes God’s grace to allow us to bear up well under suffering.
- Two quotes of mine from the Pain, Purpose, and Plan interview that Tracy pulled out share with others to let you know what to expect:
- “Trials are that fire or that heat that reveal whether our faith is sincere or genuine or not. It’s not a question if you survive trials, it’s whether your faith survives trials.”
- “Are you going to become better or are you going to become bitter when you suffer?”