Would you (or your church) like to host one of my conferences or invite me for a speaking engagement?
For guest preaching, I have sermons on multiple topics. For conferences I speak on my book topics:
- Marriage and family
- Trials and suffering
- Finances and money
- Types and shadows
- Work and rest
If invited for a conference or speaking engagement you can expect professionally prepared and delivered messages, and prompt responses to any communication, before and after the event.
Table of Contents
- Sample Speaking Promo
- Answers to Your Frequently Asked Speaking Questions
- Conference Trailer
Sample Speaking Promo
Answers to Your Frequently Asked Speaking Questions
Attendees receive a handout with lessons and discussion questions from the messages. If you’d like an example, here is the Your Marriage God’s Way Conference Handout and Enduring Trials God’s Way Conference Handout. Scroll down to see a sample page from each handout.
I will advertise your event on my social media and send the info to my newsletter subscribers. You can also offer copies of my books as gifts to increase registrations. I recommend creating a Facebook event page, which I can attach to the events on my Facebook author page. With Facebook ads (which I can help you with, or run if you reimburse me) you can easily reach thousands of people in the surrounding area. As an example, here’s the banner a church used on their Facebook event page for a Your Marriage God’s Way Conference:
You can also look below at the trailer a church made for one of my conferences they hosted. I’m happy to do the same for you.
Here are the five messages for Your Marriage God’s Way Conferences:
1: Consequences of The Fall for Husbands and Wives
2: Husbands Love Your Wives
3: Wives Submit to Your Husband
4: How a Man Should Treat His Wife
5: Wives Respect Your Husband
Here are the five messages for Enduring Trials God’s Way Conferences
1. Preparing for Trials
2. Understanding Trials Versus Discipline
3. Proving Our Faith
4. God’s Plan for Maturity
5. Becoming Better or Bitter
I charge $200 for conference messages, and typically there are five messages per conference. I charge $300 for guest preaching and teaching, such as sermons and Sunday School messages.
Yes, and I recommend this for three reasons. First, it gets the Gospel to more people. Second, my conferences are attractive to the unchurched. Unbelievers won’t attend missions conferences or prayer meetings, but they want strong marriages and help with finances.
Typically there are five messages spread over Friday evening and Saturday: two on Friday and three on Saturday, or one on Friday and four on Saturday. But there is flexibility. There can be more or less messages, and conferences can be kept to one day or spread over three days if Sunday is included. A Q&A can also be added. Here’s a sample schedule:
—7:00PM—Introduction and Message 1
—8:30PM—Snacks and refreshments
—10:00AM—Break and discussion time/table talk
—2:00PM—Break and discussion time/table talk
—3:30PM—Questions and answers
Typically, I’m glad to get more mileage out of my trip and preach on the Sunday after conferences.
No, I do not allow questions during my messages or I won’t be able to get through all the material. I recommend having a stack of 3×5 cards for attendees’ questions, and then I answer them at the end during the Q&A. At marriage conferences my wife can join me for the Q&A, and many times the church’s pastor has also joined me, although it’s not required.
Yes, I’ve been part of many online interviews and summits. Typically, I don’t charge for these, but I request a link to my site and the opportunity for people to download my free gift.
Yes, scroll down!
Your Marriage God’s Way Conference Message
Accompanying Lessons and Discussion Questions from Handout
- Lesson 1: As we begin, make the decision to:
- (Part I) Focus on ________ ____________________ more than your spouse’s.
- (Part II) Turn your frustrations ________ ____________.
- (Part III) Recognize your marriage is a reflection of your ________________________ with ____________.
- Lesson 2: God created headship before ______ ________ (Genesis 2:16-17).
- Lesson 3: Wives are tempted to:
- (Part I) ______________ their husbands (Genesis 3:16 cf. 4:7).
- (Part II) ______ their husbands (Proverbs 19:13b, 21:9, 19, 25:24, 27:15–16).
- Lesson 4: Husbands are tempted to:
- (Part I) Be ________________ (Genesis 3:16).
- (Part II) ________________ their wives (Colossians 3:19; Genesis 3:16).
- (Part III) Be ______________ (Genesis 3:17).
- Lesson 5: Reverse the effects of The Fall by ______________ God’s ________________ for marriage.
- Husband asks wife:
- Do you feel like I am stubborn?
- Do you feel like I am harsh or authoritarian with you?
- Do you feel like I am passive?
- Wife asks husband:
- Do you feel like I try to control you?
- Do you feel like I nag you?
- Do you feel like I stir you up for good…or evil?
Enduring Trials God’s Way Conference Message
Accompanying Lessons and Discussion Questions from Handout
- Lesson 1: ____________ ____________ (Jam 1:2a; Acts 14:22; 1 Thes 3:3; 1 Pet 4:12-19; John 16:33).
- Lesson 2: Trials are __________________________, but not accidents (Jam 1:2b; Rom 8:28; 1 Pet 1:6).
- Lesson 3: A strong ____________________ is needed (Matt 7:24-27).
- Lesson 4: Build during __________ of __________ (2 Chr 14:2-12).
- Lesson 5: During the __________ ____________ “the Lord is [still] very compassionate and merciful” (Jam 5:11a).
- Lesson 6: There’s an “______ ________________ by the Lord” in trials (Jam 5:11b).
- Why should it be encouraging to remember God is in control while you are in the middle of a trial?
- Have you been “building your walls” during times of peace? If yes, how? If not, how will you build in the future?
- What daily trials do you experience that you need to be aware of, because of their potential to wear you down?
- During trials, what characteristics of God can you focus on to help you better endure trials? Write down a verse (or two) to memorize that reveals this characteristic.
- Unbelievers and some genuine believers ask, “Why would a loving God ____?” How would you answer this question, considering 1 Peter 3:15 says we must “always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks [for] a reason for the hope that is in” us?
- When has God used a trial in your life to bring forth good? In other words, when have you been able to look back on a trial and see the end intended by the Lord?
A church created this trailer for one of my conferences that they hosted. Then they advertised it on social media to increase attendance. This also served as an outreach to invite unbelievers and the unchurched.
Sermon Audio Messages
I so much appreciate the teaching and speaking ministry of Scott LaPierre. Saturated with sound doctrine, laced with stories and sprinkled with humor, listening to Scott is a real treat for anyone who enjoys practical, biblical teaching. He communicates in a way that captures and holds your attention while shoveling powerful spiritual truths in your direction. Get the funnel out and put it to your ears.
Eric BurdSenior Pastor and President of Household of Faith Fellowship of Churches
Scott has a needed message for couples today that is straight from God’s Word. Tim and I grew in some key areas after attending one of Scott’s Marriage Conferences and we have been married for 29 years and have participated in 32 marriage weekends. Good stuff!
Tim and Julie HansenDirectors of Christian Renewal Center
Scott is personally reaping the blessings of tenaciously studying God’s Word and then applying it first to himself, his marriage, and his family. He insightfully and engagingly shares God’s Word and its essential practical application with others through both his speaking and writing. You will be greatly blessed and helped in your own life by what Scott has to share.
Michael and Susan BradrickFounders and directors of Family Discipleship Ministries and co-founders and board members of Christian Heritage
As a licensed Christian marriage counselor, I am constantly looking for sound, biblical resources to recommend to my clients who are struggling in their marriages. The Your Marriage God’s Way Conference is by far the best and most heart-changing marriage conference ever! Scott LaPierre teaches in a way that captivates and connects with both husbands and wives. His messages stir hearers while fostering hope and healing, and the principles taught have immediate practical application. I highly recommend this conference and Your Marriage God’s Way book and the accompanying workbook.
Arlene MaloneLPC, NCC–Board Certified, Founder of Marriage Center, Chesapeake, VA
Scott is a very gifted pastor and speaker. His Christ-centered messages inspire one to faith, hope, and love; stirring up desire to be a doer of the Word, not just a hearer only.
John ThomasSenior Pastor of Mayger Downing Community Church
Contact me if interested in having me for a speaking engagement!